Sunday, January 8, 2012

One Day



I've finished my first book for the year! Ok, so it took me like 3 months but I stuck by it and finished it. It felt more of an accomplishment to finish the book than an enjoyable read, don't get me wrong I enjoyed it, but I felt this book was character building overload, actually I'm going to stand my grounds and say the book was character building at it's best. The storyline had potential but I didn't feel this romance novel stuck by the conventional sub text of other romance novels. Every time there was a climax in the story it was more of an announcement, it didn't go into detail as much as I would have liked. But as I mentioned I did enjoy the book, a slow start but then a quick change of pace.


After that I had to watch the movie to see how it was depicted on the big screen. I have to say I was disappointed, from what I saw I thought they did a good job on making every screen very detailed as the book described it, but the editing was far from the story. So much was left out to the point where I felt the main character Dexter was depicted as a prick, which he isn't in the book.


For people who didn't read the book, I don't think they would enjoy it. But hey i'm a sucker for a romance novel any day.


No comments:

Post a Comment